MMF-Sponsored Workshops and Events
The MMF Society offers small amounts of financial support for events on money, macroeconomic or financial topics that are consistent with our aims.
- Events should be open to all MMF members, although practical limits on audience size may apply.
- Proposals should show demonstrably high research quality, substantial UK academic involvement and relevance to the selected topic.
- Proposals that meet the quality criteria but have a focus on diversity and inclusion are also encouraged.
- We look for proposals that have a substantial but not necessarily exclusive emphasis on the UK experience.
- Priority will be given to proposals that involve more than one institution and draw on a combination of academic and non-academic participants.
- We welcome – indeed encourage – co-funding, but will not support proposals that are already fully funded, or are part of a wider programme or event.
The process operates through specific calls for proposals that are then assessed against these criteria. We may specify particular topics but proposals outside those areas are always considered.