Workshop on productivity and structural change
NIESR and The Productivity Institute, the Bank of England and the MMF Society are holding a one-day workshop at the Bank of England Moorgate site on Friday 26 November 2021. The theme is productivity and structural change, one of the TPI themes and also closely related to an area in the BoE’s Research Agenda.
We expect that physical participation is likely still to be limited to some extent, but the event will be live-streamed and made available online afterwards. If there are pandemic restrictions in place, the event will be restructured as a fully online event spread across three days in that week.
Call for papers
We invite submissions for full papers relevant to but not necessarily restricted to the following issues. Papers with a UK dimension are particularly welcome.
- Covid - likely impacts on pre-existing trends (eg in location and labour markets) and long-term scarring
- Labour market - transitions, structural shifts
- Drivers of long-term growth, including business cycles, monetary and fiscal policy and institutions
- Financial integration and international spill-overs of productivity growth.
- Understanding deep structural change including climate change
The deadline for submissions to Anna.Pitty@bankofengland.co.uk is 30 July 2021. Decisions will be made by the end of August.
- Cristiano Cantore (BoE and University of Surrey)
- Hande Küçük (NIESR)
- Stephen Millard (BoE and Durham University Business School)
- Simon Price (EBS and MMF)
- John Tsoukalas (Adam Smith Business School)